**UPDATE MARCH 18, 2020**
Good afternoon, church family!
For the safety of others, the church building will be closed until further notice, effective tomorrow, Thursday, March 19, 2020. ALL scheduled events and activities have been postponed. Even though the physical church building will be closed, this does not mean that ministry and business of the church stops. You may still contact the church office at 252-442-7041, email office@westedgecombebaptist.
We are excited to announce that beginning this Sunday, March 22, we will begin to stream our services LIVE online via our Facebook page, our website, and on YouTube! The online service will be at our normal time of 11:00AM EST, and will then be archived online once they have ended.
Beginning tomorrow, you will receive a daily newsletter (Monday thru Friday) with a short devotion, resources you can use, announcements, and prayer requests. We look forward to continuing to serve the church family and community in new and innovative ways!
Your WEBC Staff
**UPDATE MARCH 16, 2020**
Good afternoon to WEBC family,
God’s word tells us that “we know that all things work together for good to those who love Him,” and we know that we can hold fast to the Truth of God’s Word and Promises even in these uncertain times.
We wanted to communicate with you directly about changes to our church schedule as we adapt to the new recommended regulations put out by the CDC. Until further notice, all services and activities, including those on Sunday and on Wednesday nights are cancelled. (Some activities may be rescheduled, and we will communicate those changes once those decisions are made.) We are, however, working diligently to have our Sunday AM service available virtually beginning this Sunday, and will update you once that is up and running. We are also working on ways to help you facilitate your own watch parties in your homes for our Sunday services.
Also, don’t forget that you can tithe online via our church’s website - www.westedgecombebaptist.com/giving. For those that are new to online giving, we will have a tutorial video posted to walk you through the very easy steps.
Again, through these times, we appreciate your understanding. We appreciate your considerations, and we want to encourage you to stay connected to your church family through prayer! We love you, and are praying for you!
**UPDATE MARCH 14,2020**
ALL WEBC Services have been cancelled tomorrow Sunday, March 15th due to Gov. Roy Cooper's announcement this afternoon.
Before visiting the WEBC church office, please call to ensure a staff member is available.
Thank you for your support. Continued prayers for our nation. We know that OUR God is in complete control.
Update: Friday, March 13, 2020
WEBC Church Family,
For the first time in decades we are faced with a pandemic that is infringing on many of our freedoms. The Corona-Virus continues to spread throughout our nation, and even into our community. I want to encourage you that we have a God that is able! He is able to protect, He is able to provide, and most of all, He is worthy of our continued worship. I have been following the safety recommendations of many agencies such as the CDC, NCSBC, and a few others, and with the support of the deacons and staff, we are going to maintain our current ministry schedule for our Sunday morning worship service. However, we are putting some precautionary measures in place to keep our worship service intact while preventing the additional spreading of the virus. Here are some of the precautions in place:
- Please wash your hands with a 60% alcohol sanitizer for 20 seconds often. We are trying to locate sanitizers to place throughout the church for your convenience.
- If you are feeling under the weather or coughing, sneezing or runny nose, please stay home. We still love you and are moving as quickly as possible toward live streaming of our services.
- Any staff that is feeling under the weather will be awarded additional sick time in effort to maintain their wellness and prevent the spreading of the disease.
- Ushers will be at the sanctuary doors to collect offering as the offering plate will no longer be passed until further notice. Please drop your offering in the plate or make arrangements to donate online. If you need help with this, any staff member will be happy to assist you.
- We will be establishing a designated area at the church for anyone that becomes ill to be quarantined until help arrives to aide in the spreading of the virus.
- Sunday School, Life Groups, and other programs are being left to the discretion of those particular leaders. This will include all children and youth ministries as well. However, we expect that safety protocols, common sense and wisdom will be used in determining the schedule of future activities.
These are just a few of the precautionary measures that we have discussed; however, additions and/or modifications will be made as necessary to protect both the integrity of our ministry and the health of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Be assured, we are not taking this lightly, and these are unusual times, but God is able! I can think of no better place to be than to be in the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with our church family during this time.
Personally, I believe this is warfare. I believe that satan will do anything he can to disrupt a movement of God and I further believe that God will use this for His glory as He has done time and again throughout history. Let me encourage you not to use this as an excuse to flee from our Lord and Savior, but to run toward Him and cling tighter to Him than ever before.
At the Feet of Jesus,
Dr. Jeffrey C. Chappell
West Edgecombe Baptist Church
Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).